Monday, December 8, 2008

A Stress Free Holiday Tree Decorating

It all began with decorating the tree. By the time I had placed all of the lights on the tree, my adorable child had somehow freed each and every tree ornament from what I thought was secure packaging when I boxed everything up last year. A giant pile of miniature angels, breakable balls, homemade reindeer, and tiny little elves rested in the center of my living room. When I turned around and realized the status of my "priceless" ornaments, internally I panicked.

Instead of saying, "oh my God! Be careful with those!" I found a little stool and placed it next to the tree. I simply told little miss muffet to carefully hang the ornaments on the tree. She hung every ornament. The few branches she couldn't reach, I took direction from her and hung them where she ordered. It was the most relaxing tree decorating session I have ever experienced. I sat back and watched while she experienced great satisfaction and was able to tell everyone who commented on our beautiful tree that she had decorated it. - You know I never had thought of hanging 4 ornaments on one branch, but it's a good look for a tree. I should have been doing that for years!

No comments: